Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Reading the Blogs



Since my return from out of town I have been reading your blog, leaving comments and posting grades. I have been concentrating for the past few days on the postings by the students in Section 3W1, so as to have some grades posted before our chat session tonight. Although I am not caught up for everyone, I have been leaving some feedback for each of you who are actively posting. I will concentrate on the Section 3W2 blogs tomorrow.

Several of you have already posted half of the 20 required blogs (or more), while most of you have 3-5 postings. I am concerned, however, by the few students who have yet to post any. While I understand that one of the benefits of an online course is the ability to work at your own pace, I don't want you to procrastinate so much it will be impossible for you to succeed in the course. Also, I strongly suggest that you post some entries early enough to receive feedback on them, rather than just posting all of them at the end of the summer session on June 22. While most of you are on the right track, many would benefit from greater focus on fewer texts or authors, more specific support for your observations (in the form of quotations and analysis), and longer postings. Be sure to read over the guidelines in my previous post that discussed blogging for this course.

Your grades should show up in the WebCT page, in the Course Menu column under the heading Grades. You should only be able to see your own grades. Please let me know if you don't see any, or if you see anyone else's grades.

No comments: